We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team.
The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write, and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A Bachelor’s Degree with experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Chief Regional Coordinator to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services
- Work with communications team members to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews for the organization when the need arises.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management
- Perform other duties as may be required and assigned by the Chief Regional Coordinator
HOURS OF WORK
- Normal office hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Friday. Work that falls outside normal hours during the week and on the weekend is expected.
- SKILLS REQUIREDEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Understanding of communications and Public Relations best practices
- Exceptional written, and oral communication skills
- Exceptional writing skills in English and the ability to edit and review written reports and articles
- Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Good time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms
- Enthusiastic desire to contribute to the overall success of EIRAF and its affiliates
- Passionate about finding creative solutions to advance EIRAF’s objectives
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills with a demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships that encourage cooperation
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where they can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Although not required, the following would be welcome additional qualifications:
- Professional experience in the education sector .
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is desirable .
- Ability to speak French and Portuguese is an added advantage.
- HOW TO APPLYPlease apply by sending your resume CV and cover letter summarizing your interest in the Communication Officer role and why you are a good fit.
Applications must be submitted via email@example.com not later than Friday 30, October 2020.
- Salary Offer ATTRACTIVE
- Address No. 3 Torshie Close, Mempeasem East Legon Extension, Accra, Ghana
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5