The Aurum Institute Ghana is offering a great opportunity to suitably qualified and experienced staff to contribute towards our mission to improve the health of people and communities through innovation in Global Health Research and Systems. We are focused on research, support and implementing integrated approaches to managing TB and HIV.
The Country Director serves as primary in-country representative, directs the technical implementation, people management and supervises office operations of Aurum program in Ghana. S/he oversees the management of the Accra office. In conjunction with Aurum/HQ, ensures compliance with Aurum and donor rules and regulations. Recommends policies, controls and procedures to guide performance and leads project planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Evaluates and mitigates risk factors that have a potential to disrupt achievement of strategic goals. Investigates and analyzes current information from various sources and formats to inform decision making and the development of protocols and procedures.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Ensures the completion of tasks in a timely manner and within the allocated budget. Provides input to HQ to determine budget projections. Ensures compliance with Aurum and donors’ rules and regulations with regard to fiscal and operations management. The Country Director takes responsibility for development of operational and project budgets and oversees and approves local and international procurement in accordance with Aurum policies, donors’ rules and regulations, and budget. Has the authority to regularly make purchases and incur expenses, subject to established controls, delegation of authority and procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS: Serves as primary in-country representative of Aurum with local and international stakeholders. Develops, manages and maintains collaborative working relationship with senior level stakeholders within and outside Aurum to ensure timely and successful achievement of projects’ goals and objectives. Represents Aurum in global, regional, national and sub-national events and in international meetings, and at donor events and fundraising activities, as a spokesperson for Aurum.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises and mentors staff based in Ghana, and provides oversight and management of consultants and field experts. Supervision of finance staff remains (independently) with HQ.
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Oversee the design, implementation, and evaluation of the country strategy, program strategies and activities.
- Serve as Aurum’s senior project supervision in Ghana, providing technical support and advice to various partners, including government ministries and CSOs.
- Prepare and manage the implementation of project annual work plan in fulfilment of project’s strategic objectives and goals, and within budget. Inform HQ of challenges on the ground that may impact successful implementation.
- Ensure the highest quality of program monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and communications. Lead the drafting and timely submission of detailed narrative reports to HQ in line with donor’s and Aurum’s reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with local government and non-government stakeholders, including high-level officials in government ministries and election management bodies.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with international NGOs and the donor community to ensure successful implementation of the project and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Lead and/or contribute to written technical reports, briefing papers, and Aurum’s thought pieces, both program-specific and non-program specific.
- Leading the program development for Aurum by identifying additional technical needs in-country, leading to the development of project proposals, and reaching out to the international donor community to diversify Aurum’s funding sources.
- Ensure, in conjunction with Aurum/HQ team and Global Director, compliance with Aurum and donor rules and regulations, particularly with respect to procurement and fiscal management.
- Facilitate completion of program tasks in a timely manner and within the allocated budget.
- In coordination with Aurum/HQ, primary responsibility to assist in the identification, recruitment, and hiring of in-country office staff, as well as local and international technical consultants.
- Provide oversight and management of technical consultants, including review of all consultant reports and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Global Director or Aurum senior management.
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, International Development or other relevant field; medical, nursing or other relevant degree.
- Research experience is desired.
- 10+ years of senior-level management experience of projects and programs in health systems strengthening, TB-HIV/AIDS, prevention, care and treatment, human resources for health, integrated health service delivery, and/or human capacity development in developing countries and complex cultural settings
- Prior experience managing several professionals while representing a range of technical expertise and working in multiple locations across a large geographic area
- Required experience in leading public health programs funded through grants and contracts
- Experience working on UN, USG, GFATM, and/or other donor-funded TB/HIV/AIDS projects or programs in Africa
SKILLS: TECHNICAL, FUNCTIONAL & BEHAVOURIAL:
- Strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to set and implement vision and strategy.
- Ability to develop and adhere to high-level budgets of up to several million dollars encompassing multiple program areas spread across large geographies
- Knowledge of health system, infectious disease, public policy, legal, economic, sociological, political, institutional, geographic, and information with a passion for international public health.
- Ability to manage budget processes, labour planning and, correspondence, and other administrative items in accordance with Aurum’s standards and expectations; strong working knowledge of budgets and financials.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills to communicate clearly and persuasively in English; knowledge of Ghanaian local language, desired.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software.
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and district levels, service orientated NGOs, civil society organizations, donors, etc.
- Excellent organization, delegation, people and talent management, administration, analytical, negotiation, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to set standards and meet goals. Exacting attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects. Excellent and advanced critical conceptual or decision-making skills.
- NB: Non – Ghanaian citizens must have valid work-permit
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click on the link: https://aurum.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/43402
- Please provide current relevant references for background checks.
- Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
- All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
It starts with me, let’s work together…in the fight against HIV and TB, To seek, to find, to share, to care share, to care.
- Salary Offer NEGOTIABLE/ATTRACTIVE
- Address LEGON AVENUE, SHIASHIE, ACCRA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10