UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Dump Truck Operators . These are Obuasi based fixed term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanized mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- To haul ore or waste materials from underground to assigned areas on the surface
- To work in coordination with the Bogger Operators to ensure full load and balanced truck;
- Be proactive in all Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) initiatives, reporting all incidents and potential safety hazards
- To operate 60 tonner Truck as required;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in relevant or similar roles in a mining environment preferably underground mining operations.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Previous work experience in underground mining;
- Experienced with Sandvik Trucks is an added advantage
- Previous labour intensive/manual handling work experience;
- Flexible and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to learn new task quickly;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification
- Physically fit for the demands of the role as this is a hard rock gold mining
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com before or on 10th November 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Salary Offer ATTRACTIVE AND NEGOTIABLE
- Address OBUASI
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5