Direct Report: Chief of Party
The Energy Sector Financial Expert will carry out financial analysis and advise on the most cost-effective measures that will help to reduce the cost of electricity along the entire value chain in Ghana.
The Energy Sector Financial Expert is expected to engage in the following illustrative interventions:
– Support financial models in the gas-to-power area to minimize the cost of fuel as well as financial models for the electricity value chain.
– Examine current financial practices in the energy sector including utilities and regulators and propose measures to reduce cost.
– Verify lowest cost investment plans and available data sources;
– Identify areas of collaboration with other development partners such as MCC and World Bank and other sources of funding
– Assess viable approaches to financing and licensing grid electricity services in unserved areas that are consistent with the least-cost electrification strategy developed.
– Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B. Tech., etc.) Master’s degree in economics, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
– Minimum of 10 years in the energy sector
- Address Accra
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20