- ELIGIBILITY: Local National, must be legally entitled to work in Ghana
- REPORTS TO: Country Finance Manager
- CONTRACT TERM: 2 years with possibility of renewal
- EXPECTED START DATE: November 16, 2020
The INVEST Project
The Innovation in Non-Traditional Vocational Education and Skills Training (INVEST) is a 5 year initiative that will build sustainable pathways to enhanced economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive growth for 5,000 urban poor young women in Accra, Kumasi, and Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana.
Working in high growth sectors, the initiative will test and scale innovative, sustainable models to improve the enabling environment, reduce gender-specific barriers to women’s economic participation, and enhance access to decent work for marginalized women in non-traditional sectors.
Nature and Scope
To provide comprehensive Finance and Administrative support to WUSC – Ghana country team to ensure successful program/project delivery to achieve WUSC corporate objectives.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Finance Manager, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will perform the following;
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
- Provide strong support to the Finance Manager in ensuring compliance with WUSC finance policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze invoices and payment requests submitted for vendor payment.
- Scrutinize staff travel/activity advances and liquidations for errors, adequate support documentation in compliance with WUSC policies.
- Provide first hand information and guidance to the project teams and volunteers on finance matters.
- Management of petty cash for efficient cash flow for small office purchases and reimbursables
- Preparation of Payment Vouchers (PVs) and issuing cheques for authorization and approval
- Maintaining an up to date register of cheques issued and dispatched.
- Assist with filing of statutory returns (PAYE/SSF) with state agencies and institutions.
- Support with timely update/recording of financial transactions into the financial system (SAGE 50).
- Ensure adequate electronic and physical filing of financial supporting/backup documentation.
- Performing other finance duties as may be assigned from time to time.
ADMINISTRATION AND LOGISTICS
- Responsible for the daily management of the front office
- Responsible for the compilation of staff timesheets and maintaining an up to date schedule of staff leave and filing same appropriately
- Assist with procurement (under the guidance of WUSC Administrative Officer) for inventory and supplies in the office
- Maintain a register of equipment and inventory in the field office while ensuring the efficient use and maintenance
- Managing incoming and outgoing of courier services and other correspondence in the office by receiving, distributing and filing accordingly
- Assist in organising and provision of logistics for workshops, conferences and meetings
- Make accommodation and other travel arrangement for staff and volunteers
- Ensure the timely provision of office supplies/stationery and it’s availability at all times
- Maintain the vehicle log and ensuring periodic monitoring of fuel and mileage levels are carried out
- Ensure an environmentally clean and safe office premises
- Performing other administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field;
- Advanced level computing knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook and familiarity with accounting software such as Sage 50 Accounting;
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-cultural, diverse and complex work environment;
- Ability to work as part of an international team in a participatory manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language – both written and orally
- Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No telephone calls please.
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility. And we provide a phenomenal learning experience.
WUSC offers a dynamic work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference in the lives of youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, economic opportunities and empowerment.
The WUSC office is centrally-located in Accra. We offer competitive benefits, four weeks of annual leave (for full-time employees), safe and healthy working conditions, and fair compensation.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
- Salary Offer ATTRACTIVE AND NEGOTIABLE
- Address 109 Haatso-Atomic Rd, Accra
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5