- Reports to: Research Associate or Research Coordinator
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
- Length of Commitment: 5 Months (renewable)
- Desired start date: Various start dates throughout the year
- Deadline to apply: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year
- Job Code: FM- EP- 21082020
IPA seeks qualified applicants for Field Manager positions for the Escaping Poverty projects to be based in Tamale, with frequent travel to remote field locations within Ghana. A Field Manager at IPA is generally in charge of overseeing data collection activities for one specific long-term research project, which can be related to various sectors, including education, financial inclusion, public health and agriculture.
The Field Manager will work closely with the Research Associate or the Research Coordinator and will oversee the adequate execution of all field based data collection activities. The Field Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
- Recruitment, training, and supervision of Field teams during field surveys;
- Development of training manuals for all data collection activities;
- Managing finances and tracking field expenditures;
- Assisting with data reconciliation and management;
- Piloting and developing instruments with the Research Associate or Research Coordinator;
- Manage and track survey and intervention equipment used in the field;
- Accurately evaluate the performance of field staff during recruitment, training and data collection;
- Adhere to all IPA survey protocols and ensure field teams also do same;
- Report all concerns and issues immediately to the Research Associate or Research Coordinator;
- Promptly respond to contact from the IPA Research Associate or Research Coordinator or other IPA staff;
- Be responsible for maintaining good relations with IPA, its employees, partner organizations and project participants;
- Perform other work-related duties that may be assigned.
- A minimum educational qualification of HND in economics, statistics or related field. Bachelor degree is preferred;
- Project management experience, as well as experience supervising, designing and implementing data collection and managing large teams of enumerators/surveyors is preferred;
- Fluency in English and at least one of the dominant languages in the survey sites;
- Experience in field data collection is a plus;
- Excellent management, communication and organizational skills;
- Experience working in an international NGO is a plus.
- Candidate must have self-accommodation in Tamale, NR.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://ipaghana.surveycto.com/collect/fm_application_form_2020
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidate is found.
- Incomplete applications or applications not completed through the web-form will not be considered.
- Due to high volume of applications received, IPA will only contact shortlisted candidates.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that IPA will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be IPA employees or persons claiming to represent IPA should be disregarded and reported. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer ATTRACTIVE
- Address HN8 Saflo Street, Abelemkpe, Accra, Ghana
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5