We are looking for a Temporary Project Assistant based in Accra, Ghana to support PSI’s insecticide-treated nets (ITN) work for the PMI VectorLink project. VectorLink is equipping countries to plan and implement safe, cost-effective and sustainable life-saving malaria vector control interventions with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. The Temporary Project Assistant will work with USAID/PMI VectorLink Ghana team on logistics arrangement for the upcoming 2020 School Based Distribution of ITNs. The Assistant should have some administrative qualifications and experience with procurement. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of delivering results in field offices and working in fast paced environments.
The Temporary Project Assistant, reporting to the Finance & Admin Manager of the project, will help ensure the administrative and financial integrity of the project in order to help VectorLink achieve quality results and meet all project goals, objectives and targets.
- Assist in procurement by collecting and analyzing vendor quotations
- Negotiate with vendors
- Preparation of training vouchers for payment
- Reservation of staff accommodation
- Sourcing of training venues
- Assist with registration of participants
- Organization of meals and other logistic needs during training
- Other duties as assigned by VectorLink team
- Candidates should possess a degree in Accounting, Human Resource Management or Administration; with at least three (3) years prior HR/Admin experience, preferably with a humanitarian non-governmental organization
- Experience managing administrative needs of donor-funded project
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Intermediate to advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Experience scheduling travel and training logistics
- Highly motivated; ability to multi-task
- Experience in effectively dealing with national and international staff and government officials
- Ability to travel upcountry for approximately 28 days
What would get us excited?
- Experienced Office Assistant. You have held a similar position for an international NGO in Ghana (or outside of) before.
- Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve medium-level operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge.
- Salary Offer COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
- Address Total Family Health Organisation No. 74 Second Osu Badu Street Airport West Accra, Ghana
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5