UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Jumbo Drill Operators. These are Obuasi based fixed term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanized mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- The incumbent shall report directly to the Shift Supervisor and operates a twin boom jumbo drilling rig for underground development mining with installation of ground support.
- Ensure work area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties including ensuring electrical installations and services are clear of the drilling area.
- Accurately drill a number of drill patterns using a mechanized electric hydraulic Jumbo drill suitable to ground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control as per site requirements.
- Read and follow accurately mining instruction plan with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Acts and Regulations
- Optimize drill patterns to ensure maximum advance per round is achieved whilst maintaining strict adherence to design specifications with minimal over break.
- Minimum of 8 to 12 years’ experience of a Frontline Jumbo, Sandvik experience preferred;
- Ability to Bolt, Mesh and Bore a minimum of 3 Development headings per 12-hour shift;
- Minimum 800 drill metres/man shift;
- Previous experience in Portal establishment preferable;
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Previous experience working in Hard Rock Underground Mines (with International Underground Mining experience);
- Sound knowledge of Underground Mining Practice across most positions and the efficient operations of an Underground Jumbo;
- Sound mechanical knowledge of a Sandvik DD 421-60, DD 422I, DD 421-60, and DD 421 Jumbo Drill;
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities;
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification.
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
- Ability to workday and night rotation.
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavourial characteristics, organizational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com before or on 10th November 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Salary Offer ATTRACTIVE AND NEGOTIABLE
- Address No. 13 Patrice Lumumba Road Airport Residential Area Accra Ghana
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5