We require a mature, responsible and customer-oriented person to join our team as our Sales, workshop and service technician. Our vacuum pumps are a critical part of our customer’s process so if they need to be repaired or serviced then a quick and accurate response is critical. This means the successful candidate will need to be able to manage many issues at once and respond effectively to customer needs both during normal work hours but also outside of normal hours. The position also carries a sales responsibility which will have numbers formalized in the budget.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with stripping, cleaning, testing and building of Vacuum Pumps, Book in all pumps as per procedure when delivered on site and ensure that the Branch manager is informed of the delivery.
- Ensure all spare parts are packed into shelves correctly when consignments delivered from Europe, including pumps.
- Ensure the correct persons are notified when spare parts are delivered on site and all the paper work given over.
- Get spares ready for collection when required to do so.
- Do regular spares stock takes and notify the Branch manager when re-order levels are reached.
- When spares are removed from complete kits ensure that the kit is marked accordingly, and the Branch manager is informed that the spare needs to be replaced in that kit
- You will be responsible for spray painting of all types of hardware on-site and will do so in a safe way which includes wearing a face mask.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a service workshop
- External sales experience preferred
- Mechanical & electrical experience working on pumps and motors (preferably vacuum pumps)
- Good time keeping is essential.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to follow existing procedures and implement new policies and procedures in the workshop
- Must know and adhere to all Health and Safety requirements in the Workshop
- Must be deadline driven
- Candidate must be able to liaise with customers in a professional and courteous manner. He will be contacting customers to discuss fault finding and servicing of their pumps and to inform them when their pumps will be serviced / repaired and delivered back to the client
- Candidate will travel to clients to do on sight servicing and repairs
- Must be able to work with people
- Will be required to work overtime when necessary
- Must be willing to learn more skills and do training
- Must be able to complete a task in reasonable and required time.
- GOOD PLANNING ABILITIES OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE
- Must have a good understanding of stock and spares levels.
- Must think and be PROACTIVE
- He will be reporting to the Branch Manager
- Must be able to work as a team player
- Travel overseas may be required for training
- Travel to South Africa may be required from time to time
- Must have a Driver’s Licence
- Must have a valid passport
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen or have a valid work permit
Minimum Grade 12 or N6 and a trade as Millwright or Fitter & Turner.
- The candidate must be passionate, enthusiastic and customer-focused.
- He must be self-disciplined, results orientated, a team player and able to work under pressure. Above all, we require a professional approach to our workshop repairs, on-site servicing and be proficient in seeing new customers to develop service work.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should follow the link below for application:
- Salary Offer NOT SPECIFIED
- Address Opposite Standard Chartered Bank Spintex Branch. Spintex, Accra – Ghana.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5